11/28/12

What to wear to the American Museum of Natural History in NYC

Duchess Catherine wasn't the only one enjoying a visit to her local Natural History Museum!  I wore my beret to visit the Museum of Natural History in NYC on Thanksgiving weekend. 


butterfly conservatory
Galeries Lafayette beret, silk scarf from Paris, Talbots boatneck top size P
At the Butterfly Conservatory in the American Museum of Natural History in NYC

owl butterfly
 Holding an Owl Butterfly in the Butterfly Conservatory at the American Museum of Natural History

scoville index
Zara jacket, silk scarf from Paris, Galeries Lafayette beret
 My comfort level on the Scoville Index / Scoville Scale - at the Our Global Kitchen: Food, Nature, Culture exhibit at the American Museum of Natural History.

My husband Arun is from Kerala, India. He is much higher on the Scoville Index / Scoville scale!
He also has an awesome Movember mustache! 

 A sample Indian meal that Mahatma Gandhi might have eaten - at the Our Global Kitchen: Food, Nature, Culture exhibit at the American Museum of Natural History.

 Me sitting next to a statue of Teddy Roosevelt at the American Museum of Natural History.

Find out more about the Our Global Kitchen exhibit here:  http://youtu.be/bPImnEJ9CHc



Find out more about Duchess Catherine's visit to her Natural History Museum at What KareWore.com
  
Find more petite ladies wearing hats at the 
Petite Fashion Challenge #21 page at 
http://ktrstyle.com/

 Know a lady who loves to wear hats? 
Please share this blog with her - it will make her day!
Want to feel inspired to wear hats?
 Follow Thats a Pretty Hat

11 comments:

  1. A beret is quite fitting and how cool that you got to hold a butterfly!
    -Jamie
    http://chatterblossom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The owl butterfly is amazing!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it a lot. The eyes are to ward off predators. Very ingenious!

      Delete
  3. so fun!! looks like you had a great time!

    xox P

    phiphi's blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohhh, I've had a few butterflies land on me over the years, but don't believe I've ever had one eating out of my hand. What a joyful experience that must have been!

    Lovely beret and scarf combo, you look thoroughly elegant, dear Kathleen.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica,
      Thank you! I actually also have photos of my husband from this trip. A butterfly landed on him twice and he had to ask the staff person to remove it. He didn't like butterflies. I told him that every little girl in the conservatory was wishing a butterfly would land on her, and he ended up as the lucky one.

      Delete
  5. Great hat and the food looks so good! Love the butterfly conservatory too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your sweet comment at my blog.
    I've not been to many museums in the past but this one you've been to sure looks interesting =D

    http://www.diva-in-me.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog. I want each post to be the beginning of a conversation, so I try to respond to every comment. Please let me know how you feel!