12/5/12

How to Wear a Hat 'Academy' - Class Two: How to care for hats


How to Wear a Hat 'Academy'

A list of articles that will give you the confidence to wear and care for your dress hats. Topics include how to buy a hat, how to care for your hats, how to wear hats and style advice for wearing ladies dress hats to the races and polo.

Class Two:

 

Hat 911 - How to Care for Hats

Once you fall in love with that perfect winter hat, you’ll want to take care of it so it will be a treasured part of your wardrobe for years and years.  Here are tips to help you keep your felt hats in tip-top shape.

 

 

Hat DIY - reshape your fabric hat with steam – a “how to” video for fixing crumpled felt hats.

http://thatsaprettyhat.blogspot.com/2012/09/hat-diy-reshape-your-fabric-hat-with.html

 

How to Clean a Felt Hat – video on using a hat brush.

http://thatsaprettyhat.blogspot.com/2012/03/how-to-clean-felt-hat.html



What is Hat Academy? Catch up here:



Next Class:

Know a lady who loves to wear hats? 
Please share this blog with her - it will make her day! 

Want to feel inspired to wear hats? 
Follow Thats a Pretty Hat

25 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have thought of steam, but then again, this is all new to me! Glad you are holding lessons! Guess what? You would be proud. I'm having a beautiful vintage hat featured on my blog tomorrow! Every time I see a pretty one, I think of you. ;-)
    -Jamie
    http://chatterblossom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost bought myself a new hat the other day.. and I totally thought of you and wondered if you would approve, haha. But alas, I chickened out and didn't get it.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yi-chia, We should go shopping the next time I am in Boston.

      Delete
  4. I really love your hat and great DIY ^^

    Caroline
    http://missoline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great post! I LOVE wearing hats! I wear beanies far too often during the fall/winter. Too bad not all hats look great on me...but once I find one that I like, I wear it to death. haha...
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post, the tips are great! And your hat is so stylish

    http://www.themirroronthewall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are some very useful tips, and that pink hat is such a pretty colour for you, suits you perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific tips for sure, Kathleen, thank you very much for sharing. Despite its (sometimes) seemingly fragile nature, a lot of millinery work is so well made that with proper care, hats can often last for decades (or, even in some cases, hundreds of years), and these tips can certainly go a long ways towards making that happen.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the tips!! my hat is always flat:(

    thanks for the sweet comments

    xx

    selvia

    am2pmchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. great tips, thanks!

    http://everythingsalwayssunny.com

    Kristin
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so genus! Now I no longer have to fear buying a wrinkled felt vintage hat!

    xx
    Sophisticated Lace

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colour of this hat!

    Edita
    www.pret-a-reporter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your hat academy and the pink hat. I admire that could bear hat - how get I started? Every time I try a hat it look wrong for me You are always so lovely with hat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne-Marie, you are very beautiful and have an old world regal demeanor in your blog posts - like the Queen mum in her earlier days. I think the first problem with finding a hat is often in the wardrobe. A lot of trendy and modern workplace clothes just don't match with pretty, floral hats. Do you have any sundresses or a simple shift dress in a solid color? Often it is helpful to shop in a pretty dress so the hat in a hat shop has a chance to 'match' with a feminine dress. I also love cloche hats for winter, paired with a simple coat in a solid color. Thanks for your compliments and good luck!

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog. I want each post to be the beginning of a conversation, so I try to respond to every comment. Please let me know how you feel!