1/31/13

How to Wear a Turban

When I think of turbans, I think of fabulous older ladies! 

I also think of my mother, because she went through many types of hats and wigs when she was battling breast cancer. 

How To Wear a Turban


I was surprised to find a great little collection 
of photos of younger ladies wearing turbans 

Check out Kate Moss, Catherine Baba, 
Carrie Bradshaw (Sarah Jessica Parker) 
and Jennifer Behr making a turban look 
sassy and stylish here -


And, of course, there is old school fabulousness!

I also like the fabulous way that 
Sheikha Moza bint Nasser Al Missned 
(wife of Quatar Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani) wears her turban. 

Photos of her are here:


How to Wear a Turban with Long Hair


Miranda uses a shawl to create a turban and shares eight long hair turban hairstyle looks in this video: 




Would you wear a turban? 

6 comments:

  1. I love turbans on others, but have hit and miss luck on myself. I think that now that I have bangs they might look better - I'll have to give the classic vintage black one I have a try with my wig (haven't done so yet). Thank you for the reminder!

    Wishing you a beautiful Friday,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, Yes! I think you would look great in a turban.

      Delete
  2. I'm pretty sure I can't pull off a turban. I can barely pull off a normal hat! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turbans do require confidence.

      Delete
  3. clever way to wear a turban with long hair!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog. I want each post to be the beginning of a conversation, so I try to respond to every comment. Please let me know how you feel!