1/28/13

Top 8 Tips for your first visit to a polo match

Best Tips for your first visit to a polo match





DO bring sunscreen for your shoulders - 
especially if you are seated in clubhouse unreserved or picnicking. 

DO wear sandals or wedges - 
you don't want to sink into the field 
when you are stomping divots.

DO get your refills after the second chukker - 
the bartender told me that's the best time!

DO wander over to the parking lot 
to watch the ponies being prepared for polo.

DO buy a ball souvenir at the gift shop - 
the players will sign it for you after the game! 

Celine Robert hat, Zara dress

DO bring the family - 
kids love stomping divots and watching the horses.

DON'T cross the yellow rope into the field 
while polo is being played.

DON'T leave right after the game - 
you'll miss the trophy presentation 
and a chance to meet the players!

Have you ever been to a polo match?

Take a sneak peek at a Saratoga Polo match here:






Want to feel inspired to wear hats?
 Follow Thats a Pretty Hat

10 comments:

  1. What a fun, chic outing. I've never been to a polo match, but have wanted to ever since I was a little girl and first saw Julia Roberts stomp down a divot in Pretty Woman. :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, Divot stomping is fun and Saratoga Polo is a little more laid back than that Pretty Woman polo match.

      Delete
  2. Someday when I finally make it to a polo match, I'm going to remember your tips!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yi-chia, You will love the atmosphere!

      Delete
  3. I hope to go to a polo match in La Quinta, CA on Feb 24th. I've never been (quite excited!) and so your tips will come in handy.

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica,
      That's great! I would love to see photos.

      Delete
  4. You look quite lovely! And yes, sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen!
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    P.S. Love the blog's new look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for these tips Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, I am glad you liked them!

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog. I want each post to be the beginning of a conversation, so I try to respond to every comment. Please let me know how you feel!