2/14/13

Winter Hats 2013 / 2014 - what winter hat to buy on the clearance racks this Spring!

 Winter Hats 2013 / 2014


By: Kathleen Lisson

Winter is the time when I wear my hats the most, but I don't have that many outfit posts because I tend to wear the same hat and coat day after day. 

Here are the hats and coats I am wearing this fall and winter:

This black Scala hat has been my go-to hat for walking to and from work. I wear it with my fur coat. 

 I really enjoyed wearing berets last Fall, pairing them with a light jacket.

This cloche from Macy's was my go-to hat in late Autumn if I didn't wear a beret with my outfit.

This white faux-fur hat from Topshop is perfect for warmer winter days. I look forward to wearing this outfit more in March and April. 

This feather fascinator headband from Galvinized Hats in Boston, MA has been my go-to hairpiece for going out to dinner, a fundraiser or a music performance in the evening.

Advice on Buying a Winter Hat - 

 
Based on what I have learned this year, my advice is to buy one or two sturdy winter hats that cover your ears and match your favorite jacket.  I have two additional hats wasting space in my closet that I just don't wear. Learn from my mistakes and buy less hats for next winter!

Know a lady who loves to wear hats? 
Please share this blog with her - it will make her day!

Want to feel inspired to wear hats?
 Follow Thats a Pretty Hat

8 comments:

  1. I ought to pick up some sale hats, my ears are always freezing. I love your white furry topshop one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these winter toppers are terrific, Kathleen. The green beret is my favourite on you, with the elegant feather fascinator coming in a close second. I picked up a couple of new vintage winter hats this season, including a gorgeous (the seller had it listed as 40s, but part of me feels like it's 30s, just based on the design) black one with long, eye-catching feathers on one side. I think it might be my new favourite winter hat that I have.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see your hats!

      Delete
  3. I love the feather fascinator headband, it's just perfect.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful hats... you always look stunning in them.
    i got my hands on some new pieces the last weeks. ... meanwhile i started thinking about buying dresses to match the hat - not the way round ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great temperament Winter Hats collection, I like so much, thanks for your sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog. I want each post to be the beginning of a conversation, so I try to respond to every comment. Please let me know how you feel!