8/18/13

Which type of Hat Wearer are You?

 Which Type of Hat Wearer Are You?


 by Kathleen Lisson

I love reading comments and emails from readers of That's a Pretty Hat. Many women feel that they do not look good in hats, and are looking for some basic fashion advice. Some women are bold and love their own personal style, and inspire me when they 'pull off' more daring, elegant hats. 


Which Type of Hat Wearer are You?

 

 

hat face shape

Do you have only a few hats in the back of your closet?

Do you think you look 'funny' or 'silly' in hats?

Do you need a hat for a very specific occasion like a day at the races, Kentucky Derby, Ascot, a hat luncheon or wedding?

If you are looking for basic hat advice - here are a few articles you will enjoy:

How to Choose a Hat for Your Face Shape - http://thatsaprettyhat.blogspot.com/2012/05/how-to-choose-right-hat-for-your-face.html

What to Wear to a Polo Match - http://thatsaprettyhat.blogspot.com/2012/10/what-to-wear-to-polo-match-polo-style.html

What Hat to Wear to a Wedding - http://thatsaprettyhat.blogspot.com/2013/06/summer-2013-mother-of-bride-and-mother.html

What to Wear to Saratoga Racetrack - http://thatsaprettyhat.blogspot.com/2013/07/what-to-wear-to-saratoga-racecourse-2013.html

Find more hat advice and the free hat 'classes' at the:
How to Wear a Hat 'Academy' - http://thatsaprettyhat.blogspot.com/2012/11/how-to-wear-hat-academy-introduction.html


Are you more Daring?




Do you wear bright colors, statement necklaces and beautiful shoes?

Do you swoon at old photos of Grace Kelly, the Christian Dior 'New Look' and royalty?

If you are looking for hat inspiration - here are a few articles you will enjoy:

Great Gatsby style - http://thatsaprettyhat.blogspot.com/2013/04/how-to-wear-great-gatsby-flapper.html

Hat Trick - Use a Hat to Change a Daytime Outfit into Evening Ensemble - http://thatsaprettyhat.blogspot.com/2013/05/how-to-use-hat-to-change-daytime-outfit.html

What Hat to Wear on a Dinner Date - http://thatsaprettyhat.blogspot.com/2012/12/what-hat-to-wear-on-dinner-date.html

What to Wear to an Oscars Party - http://thatsaprettyhat.blogspot.com/2013/02/what-to-wear-to-oscars-party.html

Know a lady who loves to wear hats? 
Please share this blog with her - it will make her day! 

Want to feel inspired to wear hats?
 Follow Thats a Pretty Hat

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the links:) Will check them out.
    PS. I'm not much of a hat wearer (lately) except for baseball caps:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hats really put you at the center of attention. It is hard for some people.

      Delete
  2. Great links dear, the only types of hats I wear are fedoras. But I really love the hats you wear!!!!


    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to work fedoras into my style. I will get there someday!

      Delete
  3. So many great links and a gorgeous photo of you and your husband. As you know, I love to experiment with hats and have great passion for the chapeau.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! you are an inspiration!

      Delete
  4. Love that photo of you! What a gorgeous hat :) I really want to try to wear a hat like this sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when you share compilations of articles that can help us find the hat of our dreams. They're very helpful indeed! Also: that photo of you and your husband is so darling. Just look at the way he looks at you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Generally speaking, there are very few hat styles that I'll shy away from, assuming they're vintage or have a distinctively classic/vintage feel to them. Cloches look horrid on me, and fedoras rarely do me any favours either, but aside from those two most are far game. That said, I would define my hat style as feminine, sweet, subtly dramatic and filled with classic elegance.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photo with your husband and this hat is beyond description! I've worn hats a lot, then not at all over the years. For me it depends on how much attention I'm giving my hair. The longer my hair, the more I wear hats. Many good articles here!

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's something about a woman in a great hat holding a glass of champagne that completes the picture of elegance. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great set of links. At my wedding recently, I put out a selection of my hats,well around 30hats, with a camera for people to take photos of themselves and found. Various guests wearing hats ALL evening as they were really taken with them. Just proves a little time to experiment and people can find one that suits them!

    I happily wear most hats though not ones with huge brims

    ReplyDelete
  10. High crowns, not brims!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog. I want each post to be the beginning of a conversation, so I try to respond to every comment. Please let me know how you feel!