3/19/14

Mary Harriman Rumsey, Founder of the Junior League

 Mary Harriman Rumsey, Founder of the Junior League

By Kathleen Lisson

I has the honor of appearing as Junior League founder Mary Harriman Rumsey at last weekend's 'Famous Ladies Tea,' a fundraiser for the Literacy Volunteers of Rensselaer County.


Junior League
Dress: Modcloth Wine Cellar Celebration
Photo: Amazon 


Junior League

I shared stories from Mary Harriman Rumsey's youth and her interest in the Settlement Movement. Preparing for this role was a great opportunity to learn more about the Junior League and Mrs. Rumsey. I felt so excited when I heard several attendees comment that they were leaving the event with a renewed interest in learning more about the women that were featured at the tea. 

What a great way to celebrate National Women's History Month!

Here is the link to more information about the LVORC 'Famous Ladies Tea' from the Troy Record -
 http://www.troyrecord.com/20140309/second-annual-famous-ladies-tea-to-take-place-march-16



Know a lady who loves to wear hats?
Please share this blog with her - it will make her day!
Want to feel inspired to wear hats? Follow Thats a Pretty Hat

6 comments:

  1. Elegant, immensely lovely ensemble, dear Kathleen. Styles from the earliest decades of the 20th century suit you sublimely.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun! What a brilliant hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fun love the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathleen, I love your navy and white hat photo from July 2012. I'm doing a fun little piece for a women's magazine and I wondered if you would consider allowing me to use it in the magazine (with appropriate credit given and a link to your website as well). Please let me know - love your blog!

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. u loo so elegant... love the hat... drop by my blog smtime.. how abt supporting each other

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog. I want each post to be the beginning of a conversation, so I try to respond to every comment. Please let me know how you feel!